Each and every day, around 15,000 employees in the Valora network work to brighten up their customers' day with a comprehensive convenience and food offering – nearby, quick, convenient and fresh. More than 2,700 small-scale stores are located at highly frequented locations in Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Luxembourg and the Netherlands. The company recruits committed entrepreneurs to manage its outlets, builds on strong own brands and benefits from a vertically integrated value chain as one.
Shape the future with us and brighten up someone’s journey as:
Entrepreneur in Residence 100% (Internship 6 months)
The future of retail employs advanced technologies such as computer vision and machine learning to transform the customer experience and dramatically change the cost structure by getting rid of checkout and automating common tasks such as restocking. At Valora we want to be at the forefront of such developments and want to move from concept to successful pilot and widespread rollout as fast as technology allows and the business case makes sense. As one of our 5 Entrepreneurs in Residence you will support us in making this future happen by taking ownership of innovation projects and drive/develop them with an entrepreneurial mindset.
The Entrepreneur in Residence Internship-Program has flexible starting dates. As we have multiple spots to fill on a continuous basis, we consider applications throughout the year.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Own and drive your own projects within Valora Digital for one of the following verticals "Autonomous Stores", "Ecommerce & Delivery", "Loyalty & Payments" and "Process Improvement & Automation"
- Research new market opportunities and act as a consultant to management
- Conduct analyses from a financial as well as a user/customer perspective
- Collaborate with engineering, design, legal, marketing and business teams to ship new products, features and projects on time and on budget
- Support the product management team in large-scale flagship projects by owning workstreams
- Represent your projects and work streams inside and outside the company, including to all levels of company leadership
Key skills / requirements
- Close to Bachelor graduation or already enrolled as a Master student in a University program
- Ideally some practical experience from internship(s) in consulting, startups or tech companies and/or international experience (e.g. exchange semester or internship abroad)
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills
- Ambitious and equipped with an entrepreneurial mindset to make things happen
- Strong affinity for technical and digital concepts
- Ability to work with limited guidance and proactively collaborating with multiple stakeholders across the organisation
- Very good spoken and written communication skills in English and German
What we offer
- Build products for a customer base of more than 5 million people across 5 countries
- Access the resources of a big corporate but get the entrepreneurial freedom of a startup
- Be part of an inspiring Entrepreneur in Residence community with supportive peers
- Open-minded and solution-oriented working culture with flat hierarchies and highly-and ambitious colleagues to learn from
- Steep learning curve in a tech-heavy environment
- Competitive salary
- Office with roof terrace in the heart of Zurich, equipped with free snacks and free drinks
- State-of-the art hardware and software to work with
Our contact informationWe are looking forward of recieving your application if this profile fits you and you want to make an impact in the world of retail. If you still have some questions, please contact us at