Each and every day, around 15,000 employees in the Valora network work to brighten up their customers' day with a comprehensive convenience and food offering – nearby, quick, convenient and fresh. More than 2,700 small-scale stores are located at highly frequented locations in Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Luxembourg and the Netherlands. The company recruits committed entrepreneurs to manage its outlets, builds on strong own brands and benefits from a vertically integrated value chain as one.
Shape the future with us and brighten up someone’s journey as:
In our Ecommerce team we provide value for our customers through great offers, exceptional user experience and fastest possible delivery. We use state-of-the-art technology, work with the best partners and leverage our broad network of physical point-of-sales. As one of our Growth Hackers you will support us in making this future happen by making our projects fly.
The term growth hacker is hyped, but it covers the essence of what we are looking for: realizing growth targets, be it revenue, users or transactions, through creative non-traditional thinking, smart spending and any ethical means necessary.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Own the relentless pursuit of growth targets around customer acquisition and retention, revenue and traffic for our apps and websites
- Balance exploring new growth ideas and exploiting proven tactics with excellent execution
- Choose in accordance with other departments which metrics/KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) to focus on
- A/B test and optimize ideas for growing those KPIs
- Analyze data and user feedback
- Exchange ideas/data/feedback with other departments (e.g. product, marketing, management), in order to present results and make the product more user-centric
- Manage daily operations related to all growth channels (e.g. online advertising (Google Ads, Facebook Ads, others), direct mail, out of home, affiliate, flyering, referral marketing, etc.
- Be the "single source of truth" in regards to growth and manage internal and external resources, such as agencies and freelancers
- Prioritize growth channels and manage spending
- Keep abreast of the latest trends and changes in digital marketing and UX
Key skills / requirements
- Creative mind with an eye for detail and hunger for results
- Data-driven and kind of a data-geek: clear understanding of data, analytics, metrics and statistics
- Example of how you have previously engaged an audience with a professional or personal project
- Coming up with creative and clever ways to find and engage your target audiences. Both on and offline
- Being social and understanding users’ behavior. You have great customer relations skills and focus on customer experience
- Having excellent spoken and written communication skills in German and good spoken and written communication skills in English
- Experience with growth hacking tools such as Optimizely for A/B Testing, Klaviyo for email marketing campaigns, HubSpot for CRM, sales and marketing purposes, Zapier to automate workflows...
- Editing and copywriting skills
- Proven entrepreneurial mindset with extreme proactivity and hacker mentality
- In-depth knowledge of SEO factors and key algorithm updates
- Graphical skills with Sketch, Affinity, Photoshop or similar
- Experience with UI/UX best practices
- Bonus: Experience in writing scripts with Python or similar programming languages
What we offer
- Build products for a customer base of more than 5 million people across 5 countries
- Access the resources of a big corporate but get the freedom of working in an uncomplicated environment
- Uncomplicated working culture and flat hierarchies
- Steep learning curve in a tech-heavy environment
- Competitive salary
- Office in the heart of Zurich, equipped with free snacks and free drinks
- Work from home whenever you want
- Best tools money can buy (hardware & software)